2013년 10월 12일 토요일

My introduction

Hello, everyone!

My name is Keong-sub, Yeon. I currently teach at Gyeonggi Changjo High school in Korea.

It's been 8 years since I started my teaching career. For all those years, I have taught only high-schoolers, esp. 3rd graders, which I think is not that good as an English teacher. It's because that means I have had to prepare my students for the university entrance exam, not the real English class where they can experience and learn English as much as they can. I'm really sorry that I had to just help my students to solve entrance exam prep. in the class.

I think now is the time that I can, need to and have to change. I realize that it would be unacceptable for me to make any excuses any more for not having a real English class. Like the phrase - "The bird is fighting its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wishes to be born, must destroy the world." by Herman Hesse, I'm pretty sure that I need to break out of my routine boring, prep classes into the real English classes.

I hope, through this course, that I can learn lots of new and fresh ideas that I can implement into my class, though most of them would be prep-classes.

I'm looking forward to starting to learn here.

Best regards
Keong-sub Yeon

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기